Monday, February 29, 2016

Science Fair

Today I handed in my Science Fair project to Mrs. Foster-Faith, as tomorrow is the Bishop Dunn Memorial School Science Fair for the elementary school. For my science project, I did an experiment titled "Go Bananas." For this experiment, I tested which setting causes bananas to brown the fastest. I tested four bananas: one on the counter top, one in the fridge, on in a brown paper bag, and one in a Ziploc bag. After a week, the result was that the Ziploc bag preserved the banana the best while the banana in the fridge browned the fastest. On my science fair project, I included a table as well as multiple pictures showing each of the bananas in the beginning of the process and at the end of the process. 

Initially, the idea of completing a science fair project did not seem appealing to me. But after I completed the project and got to see my classmates' different projects, I became glad that we had to complete this assignment. Participating in a science fair as an adult opened up my eyes to how important science is for students. A project like this is important so students can practice the scientific method and also take on the responsibility of completing an assignment that they may have to do over the course of several days. 



Here is my reflection paper on the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment